Friday 27 August 2010

Working through

I have said before in my blog that I wake up each morning and wonder if I will get through the day ok. This is on an energy level not on a capability level.

This last year has been one of my hardest years and my energy levels have been at their lowest.

So far I am getting through and only call off those outings that will not inconvenience others.

Yesterday I thought I was going to have to do a ten page presentation in front of my Committee. I have argued against this for some time as I am not an "I" person ; more of a "we" person. Anyway yesterday was the day and only 6 members were in attendance at the meeting instead of 12 ( due to holidays). I gave the members the choice of me doing the presentation or them taking it home and reading it. Thankfully they chose the latter but I was given the opportunity to talk in general about my role.

As far as I can see I have the full backing of the Committee and can carry on as before. My colleague had her hours cut by half so I guess I am lucky. We are a Charity so I know my salary will not increase but you all know how much I love my job so that is not an issue right now.

So another successful day to tick off the challenge list.

Next is the wedding on 4th and all I have to do is get there feel good and enjoy myself. I am anxious because like all weddings a couple of things have gone wrong so far; the bride has to have her dress altered; the cake maker has broken two fingers?? and the photographer has called off due to work commitments. I am sure that it will all come together but because I am standing back and not "doing" any of the organising I worry about Julie getting stressed too.

As they say it will all be allright on the night or in this case on the day. I just hope my waterproof mascara works ok...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment