Sunday 17 April 2011

Exceeded expectations

White water rafting was so amazing. I was so scared when I first got into the boat. I was so touched that all my friends wanted to look after me. I was so grateful that they needed ballast in the middle of the boat which I was happy to provide. I really don't know how I could have sat on the edge of the boat and paddled.
God was looking down yesterday and decided that because I had been brave enough to even turn up for the love of my friend that he would give me an "easy" ride.
Having said that it wasn't exactly easy being in the middle with nothing to hold onto but I wedged my feet in  and when the guide  said "down" I gathered my friends in and held on for dear life.
It was so cold and we spent a lot of time under the water. My closest friends  me will know that for very personal reasons I hate water. I don't swim but even though my Dad was a good swimmer it didn't help him.

So I am awarding myself the medal of extreme valour.

I did it and am glad I did but don't feel the need to ever do it again. There will be some fabulous photos soon.

What can be next on my list of extreme activities. Any suggestions????

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Trish. That's an amazing thing for you to confront x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might think about hot air ballooning. I did it once and that was it for me, but I am glad I tried it. Also went white water rafting once and really liked it. Hurray for you, Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Trish!!! You are so brave. Next skydiving ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies I am just about recovering.

    I have done hot air ballooning and absolutely loved it but it is so expensive so I doubt I will be able to do it again and skydiving - yes = but I am too old to get insurance so being very sensible that is out too.

    Julie says there is somewhere you can go into a tunnel to defy gravity!!!??? That sounds interesting and we are going to explore it.

    But for the next couple of weeks I will just revel in my glory.

    Too much excitement is not good for a pensioner. Who? me ? never ................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pensioner? Who? LoL

    You will find something else to get the Adrenaline pumping again and I will watch from the sideline being the chicken I am.

    Love You xx

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey She you will be joining me on one of my biggest adventures next year. My adrenalin will certainly be pumping in the Big Apple.

    Note to self START SAVING !!! Love ya xxxxx

    ReplyDelete