Saturday 2 April 2011

Shift of priorities

Since before Christmas my focus has been on finishing my dissertation. As a result my role of carer to Phil has been secondary. Not in a bad way though. I think it has done us both good and he seems to be more aware of my "other" priorities in life.
Each time I make an observation and say it out loud something happens to change it. I really hope that this stays the same. It is good to be considered even if only fleetingly.
My career (which I never planned) has taken another turn and where I was recently yearning to retire I now relish my new challenge.
I have had a day off this week and truthfully at the end of the day I realised how much time I waste if I am not focussed.

So it was prophetic when I added to the title of my blog. I am not only carer to a brain injury survivor but many many other things. And they all deserve to be encompassed in my very full life.

     I am Trish

and I just happen to be a carer right now but no longer will that hold me back. I have a lot of living still to do and I believe I will be a better happier person for it.

Only my friends and family will let me know..............................

3 comments:

  1. And part of that is our weekend retreat next weekend:) Can't wait.

    Love you xxx
    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trish! You are a treasure and I'm very proud to have you as a friend.

    Never ever label yourself as one thing - you are so multi-faceted and a wonderful lady who lives life to the full x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Trish!!! You are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete