Tuesday 27 April 2010

Talking about dog bites

What are the chances that I would be bitten by a dog and less than two weeks later my great grand daughter would be bitten by a different dog.
I had a wound on my hand and the bruise is till visible; Chloe was bitten on her upper arm and I think her bruise will last a very long time.
Both of us were luckily up to date with our tetanus jabs but both on antibiotics.

The fate of both the dogs differed; the one that bit me is as far as I know still in its home but being watched; the dog that bit Chloe was put to sleep. There is a new baby in that house and chances could not be taken. Very sad.

I love dogs but will now be careful about stroking a dog I do not know. I don't think Chloe will be that cautious. She loves dogs and will continue as before.

You never know when something like this is going to happen..................

5 comments:

  1. Glad that you and Chloe are doing okay. What an odd coincidence. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't take any chances around children:o(

    Hope Chloe's bruising heals soon.

    There are some dog bites that hurt just as much as the physical bite. I hope you are getting passed that too.

    Love you

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Chloe is ok, it could so easily have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All bites are painful She. Some are easier to forget though and I have done that this week with ease xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good That is what I wanted to hear xxx

    ReplyDelete