Wednesday 2 June 2010

Aching all over

Oh how we walked and walked and walked in London.
I ache all over but it was worth it. Dirty Dancing was wonderful but emotional; I am a big fan of Patrick Swayze and he will always be special; luckily Julie feels the same. We talked walked ate shopped just a little (not our normal frantic "have to have it" mode). Of course most of my shopping was notebooks. How many does a girl need? I am sure there is no ceiling on it??
It poured yesterday and we got soaked but ended up in Convent Garden having the most delicious soup and rustic bread. Why don't I eat more soup at home - I say this so often. I love soup - it is comfort food. Not chicken soup which they say is good for the soul though - I am a veggie so tomato or cauliflower or broccoli soups do it for me with lentils wherever they fit.
Our train broke down on the way home and we were delayed about an hour. At one stage we thought that Penny Puma would be trapped overnight in the park and ride but we managed to get them to ring ahead and make arrangements to collect her.

So today I ache all over - it was good thinking to book today off as well. Can't imagine running up those stairs at work. I had my hair done at 9am to get rid of the London grime and intend to relax for the rest of the day. We tried to get the balloon flight for this afternoon but it is full. No surprise.
The rest of June at work looks like being quite intense so I have to make the best of it.

Phil was pleased to see me home last night but it is short lived and today we are back to normal. He was up early to go to the dentist so it will be a long day for him.

I am off to W I tonight and will call at Gary and Kelly's on the way. It was Kelly's birthday yesterday and she asked us to get her a bag at Primark whilst we were in London. We did not realise that Primark is at the furthest end of Oxford St and that Primark is the busiest shop in the world and that the queue would be 60 people long!! But she is worth it; she will be a lovely daughter in law if they can ever afford to marry.

So Phil has just taken Missy for a walk. I will catch up with my finances and assess the damage I have just done in London. Pay the phone bill car tax etc etc

Oh back to normal I guess......................

1 comment:

  1. A girl can never have enough notebooks Trish, and you know that Trish!

    ReplyDelete