Saturday 11 December 2010

Good start to the weekend

This last month has been somewhat stressful and challenging. There are so many changes that I have to take on board.

Each weekend for the last 8 years I have been up early (sometimes really early) and filled the weekend to the brim.

This weekend I actually managed to stay in bed until 8.30. Just having done that makes me feel so good. My brain is still working overtime but in a positive way.

So I want to continue in this way being able to take time out from Cruse and do stuff for me.
Today I am meeting Sam for lunch. We natter for a couple of hours or so and then do a little retail therapy in the craft shop.

Tomorrow I will catch up with Julie who I haven't seen for two weeks. My daughter is so like her mother and works far too hard.

I have a strange (unfamiliar) relaxed feeling today and I want it to continue.
I think I have been looking at the "change what you can and accept what you can't" mantra.
I would like to live by this every day but small steps are good so I will enjoy today.

For 43 years my personal mantra has been " quiet acceptance" and it has got me this far.

I need to get back there where it is safe...........................

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can nurture that relaxed feeling love, you should be getting lots of it when you can.

    Love n hugs for a jealous me...(You, Sam, Natter, Craft shop)

    She xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if we can get it right for 2011 then it can be you me natter crab apple!!!!
    Didn't spend in Holland Arms as I had already done serious damage at Craft Island but as Sam said it would be silly not to!!!
    Was wondering where you were- no blogging?? Hope you both ok- missing you loads already xxxxxxlove you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete