Wednesday 29 December 2010

New life to consider

Last night my 20yr old grandson Anthony and his fiance Mandy had a little boy Jason Lee. Both are well and hopefully coming home today.

It is hard to get my head around sometimes that I have three great grandchildren.
What I do know is that I do not spend nearly enough time with them. When we are all together as on Christmas Day I realise how blessed I am that they all still choose to live locally. All within shouting distance.

I worry about so much "stuff" that is irrelevant and unimportant. I have what most people would give anything for; a loving close and supportive family. All their partners are wonderful too which is such a joy to see them all settled and happy.

Priorities will be my word for 2011. I have to figure out what is worth worrying about and what is not. I have had a good Christmas; Phil has been good although I can tell he has had to try really hard. At least he was willing to......
Now if I can just relax my expectations a little life may be less stressful.

I have a very full year ahead and I have to make sure that I don't shut anyone out whilst I am having fun. I was blessed with all these children so that I could enjoy them and love them every day of their lives just as I know they love me..........

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Trish, I love your word for 2011.
    New babies bring new hope, new love and new beginnings.

    Here's hoping Jason is a strong sign of what is to come.

    Love you xx

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks darlin. Sometimes I forget that I have all I need. Love you too xxxxx

    ReplyDelete