Wednesday 22 December 2010

Never in my lifetime!!

Trapped in my home because of weather. I have never had this happen before. When I was small all the Mums and Dads used to get their shovels out and bags of salt and we could always get out.
I have never missed a day off work ( or school) until now.
Cards undelivered; presents not recieved from mail order companies; visitors probably not going to be able to get here.
The worst part is that the gas man cannot get here . We don't put the heating on all the time but right now I would like to have it cosy and warm. It may not last if we use it too freely. Now I can manage without presents and I can manage without luxuries but I just hate being cold.
Living on a hill has its benefits when the rain comes but not when the ice comes.
My dream of retiring to Spain looks so tempting now so please can I be one of the 25 millionaires on Friday. Pretty please ........................

2 comments:

  1. Got everything crossed for you my darling xx
    Sounds pretty grim on that hill:(

    I pray the gas man gets there if nothing else

    Big Hugs

    She
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well their phone is off the hook right now so can't even find out if they are coming. Looks a bit clearer this morning so we can only hope.

    If not it will be electric fire and fan heater.....and lots of soup!!! Love you xx

    ReplyDelete