Friday 1 January 2010

2010 and blue skies

It is beautiful outside. I have just walked to the village and it is fresh and bright. The sky is blue and the air is bracing.
I haven't been out much over the holidays- haven't wanted to. Sloth is the word that springs to mind!
Have I done any dissertation - No.
Have I done any scrapbooking? No.
So what can I say I have done when I go back to work and get back on the merry go round? Well I have done a lot of resting; a lot oh such a lot of thinking and a fair amount of eating and watching TV.
Ordinarily I would consider that such a waste but I needed to do all of that and I feel better for it.
I have cleaned some windows; sorted some more in my craft room; watched Gary start to sort the loft; so many things I forgot we had. "Cash in the attic" ?? Hope so.

Today I will get my new diary out and make sure that 75% of what goes in it in 2010 is stuff that I enjoy and benefit from. The other 25% will be what needs to be done whether I enjoy it or not. That is still ok -I am not after perfection!!

As long as I have people who make me smile I will be fine. Not going to name them all but they know who they are. The ones who no longer make me smile will be encouraged to try a bit harder!!!

I really am so easily pleased!!

I have so many challenges this year but I am not going to list them here. I have to work my way through them and succeed. No pressure then!! But the main focus is on being content with my life. Quiet but content acceptance; what more do I need?? .............................................

2 comments: