Friday 29 January 2010

Not actually working

Well for all my determination to put me first and enjoy my life I forgot one thing. PHIL.
He can make or break me and right now each time I arrive home from something I have enjoyed within 5 minutes he has caused a row. Or is it me that causes it; he seems to think so.

So what to do? continue with my plan to do the things I love and put up with the comments when I get home or go back to 2009 style and end up right back where I was?

I know he doesn't have much of a life but whose fault is that? He has the freedom to do what he wants go where he wants whilst I work all day. I need the same freedom to enjoy my spare time and he chooses not to join me so I go anyway.

I went to bed at the normal time and just could not stay there pretending to be asleep. So here I am about to spread my fleecy blankets on the couch.

I am out tomorrow night at Yvonne's so can expect more of the same when I get home--- or maybe not because he won't be having any wine tomorrow night. Wait and see...........................................

6 comments:

  1. You have got to continue to look after YOU!!!
    You have stood by Phil with love and devotion over the years, for little reward. I love Phil, particularly the Previous Phil, you know that.

    You also know how I felt about the Previous Phil as the husband of my Best Friend. From reading your words this year I see a different Trish emerging. The rose tinted spec's have been demisted by Julie (Bless the Girl) and the puppy dog has grown up. Your Quiet Acceptance seems to be accepting Phil is Phil and there is nothing more YOU can do to improve his life.

    Love You.

    Big Hugs

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also not a lot more he needs to do to ruin mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to get on with "your" life and Phil has to make what he can of his.

    Try not to let the pleasure you find enjoying yourself with friends and interests be ruined as soon as the door closes at home.

    Time to take the bull by the horns and decide what you want and take appropriate action.

    I know these are harsh words, but that is the way I see the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't go back to 2009-style. Keep doing those enjoyable things for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all this encouragement - I am trying to be determined and I hope to win this time. Didn't want it to be a battle but I need to win. I am being very quiet at home and I know that Phil is wondering what I am thinking. I am certainly not going back to that awful place I ended up in last year. xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Trish! I don't comment much but I do follow you, and just want to add some extra hugs!!

    ReplyDelete