Sunday 3 January 2010

Last chance lie in!

I was determined to have a lie in this morning. My last chance before going back to work. I have been awake for a while thinking - as you do -but didn't actually get up until 8.40. That is so late for me.
I will blog as often as I can from now on but it may not be every day. I will however note progress, blips, results of scan etc.
I hope for some significant progress this year in many areas. Lots of irons are already in the fire but I would like to have the courage to set a few more down. Some big irons some small but all important.
I have a few facts to face this year also. I fool myself into thinking that our life can still be the same as before the accident. I fool myself into thinking our lifestyle can still be the same. This year I have to prioritise seriously.
Phil can no longer work two nights to pay the car insurance; he can no longer do extra shifts to pay for holidays. It has taken me 7 yrs to get that into my head.
So there will be things I have to refuse; places I cannot go. Once again it is about the balance that I need to find. I have always been quite spoiled and had most of what I wanted materially. Compensations maybe???
BUDGET; BUDGET; BUDGET. Addition to my mantra; but first - London on Wednesday and Thursday !!....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment