Thursday 21 January 2010

Super Saturday

I had a lovely day on Saturday. I went to Tresygawen Hall with Julie and had reflexology, neck and back massage and pedicure. Two whole hours of pampering. We had soup for lunch and a constant supply of lattees. We caught up since London as we don't see each other as often since Julie started at NWDA. She is now a busy bee too and we talk mostly in text. So a whole day with her is wonderful.

I got home about 5 and made Phil's meal before I went and tarted myself up for a meal out with Elaine and Tracy. When I say "tarted" I stepped outside my comfort zone completely and wore a tunic and tights and long boots.

Now anyone that knows me will picture trousers and sweater or tee shirt. I was self conscious but actually got the thumbs up from Phil before I went out and that is a miracle. He normally says "Are you going out like that?" which tells me that he is not keen.

Elaine and Tracy liked it but suggested leggings would improve the look. When I bought the tights I thought they were plain black but stretched them over my generous legs and they were stripey!! How does that happen??

Anyway I felt really comfortable so tomorrow I will be purchasing a pair of leggings and a contour underslip. The best part was the boots -so comfy and surprisingly flattering- I think??

Tomorrow is therapy day at the Brain Unit. Haven't done one since October so hope I am ok. Been through quite an emotional time since then.

I have a very busy year and have so many things to look forward to. That is how I need to survive. It is no good me missing opportunities because life is too short. I need to feel on a high as often as possible to compensate for the other part of my life which is stressful.

It is working so far and I have laughed more this year so far than I did for a while last year. What I really need is for it all to come naturally instead of being aware that I am making any effort . Still hoping for good results on Phil's MRI scan though.

Some really good news too- my hairdresser tells me that my hair has stopped falling out. The last three weeks there has been hardly any in the bowl; tonight there wasn't any in the bowl or in the brush!!! I am so happy; I still have thick hair but it is much thinner than it was. Fingers crossed it has stopped falling out for ever now......................................

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm happy, My Trish is Back:o)

    Can't wait to see the New You!!

    Love You
    Got to See YOU

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My diary will be in action tonight and I will send EVERY possibility to meet. Pick as many as you can and they will be considered BOOKED and non changeable -PROMISE

    love you loads xxxxx

    ReplyDelete