Wednesday 5 January 2011

Careful planning

First day back at work yesterday and I had a vision of how the day would go; deadlines to reach; contacts to be made and appointments to be arranged.

My trusty sidekick Celia who works Tuesdays and Thursdays emailed me to say she is still unwell after the Christmas break and would not be in.
No deadlines reached; no contacts made and no appointments arranged. Just spent the whole day answering the phone and opening the mail.

Today there will be little chance of catching up and if Celia is not back in tomorrow then I am in trouble.

I took on an extra role at the end of the year for two days a week and felt confident that I would cope. The condition was that I would have Celia to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays what I would have done before.

So my careful planning relies totally on others and for someone who is always in control at work I struggle with that.

Whats the solution? Answers on a postcard please............................

2 comments:

  1. Oh Trish. Sorry to hear it didn't go to plan. If you're in the same situation from April onwards you could always give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this when you will have more free time? I will keep it in mind. Celia back today but the backlog still sits there on my desk.
    As Tina would say I will survive.
    Take care see you soon? xx

    ReplyDelete