Saturday 1 January 2011

A very big light at the end of a very long tunnel..........

Todays priority is my dissertation. I need to complete it by Monday ready for the first submission.
I can't believe that it has taken me so long. I had intended to complete it within a year of gaining my diploma. I had intended to graduate whilst I was still 60.

I just hadn't realised how hard it would be to put so much stuff into words. While I am doing the research I am enjoying it but motivating myself to complete each chapter has been so hard.

I am an organised person when it comes down to work life. I have deadlines which I rarely miss; multiple requests which I fulfil; and a ridiculously full diary which I manage.

At home it is a completely different me. I am swayed by the mood of the house. My energy levels dictate my input. I am so often overwhelmed with the amount of "stuff" that I have to consider about my life.

As a result this research has taken me three years. I know that once it is handed in as acceptable I will want to weep. At the same time I will be proud that at last I have achieved my ultimate goal.

I want to throw my cap in the air and tell my Mum and Dad that their faith in my ability was not misplaced. They always thought I was a genius; a very hard title to live up to. I just wish they could be at my graduation .....................

2 comments:

  1. They are proud of you, always will be. They will be there when you graduate and bursting with pride, but then they are now:)

    Love you special lady, you are amazing both personally and professionally. You give 120% in your work, you give 150% in your personal life. Thats why it is so tough at times for you, you give yourself heart, mind and soul to those you love. I am one of those lucky people and I am so blessed.

    This New Year is a promise of possiblities, opportunities, and FUN!!

    Love you

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks darlin that sounds good to me - can you throw in a few probabilities too. Love you.

    In the meantime know much about pie charts????
    And page numbering???

    The rest is coming together but .................

    ReplyDelete