Saturday 15 January 2011

A good day

I am so glad I went to the Carers group. It was a good day. Jenny and I met for lunch first and did our usual summary of how our lives are going - her husband has had a stroke which has affected his emotions.
We have so many things in common and yet we are so different.
We then went along to the group and for the first time I was able to talk about my situation without getting upset. Such progress. I then realised that I haven't cried about this part of my life since September. At the beginning of September I cried myself all out.
Acceptance has been a huge problem with me but I think I have finally reached it. My life is the way it is; either live it or change it. The second choice is not an option so I choose to live it to suit me in the best way possible. Thanks to my family and friends I am managing to do this.
So if only for reassurance yesterday was a good day...........................

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got something positive from the group meeting x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That my darling is progress, I am very happy reading this post. Roll on next weekend.

    Love you millions

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me being me - wonder if my tear tank is empty where Phil is concerned. After all these years.
    Yes very positive xx

    ReplyDelete