Thursday 13 January 2011

Feeling the need

I haven't been to my carers support group since about July. I just haven't been able to take time off.

But I feel the need.

So tomorrow I am going to meet Jenny for lunch and then we will go to the group.
And my boss has approved my absence without me having to take a days leave.

I can't believe that we are in the 9th year since Phil's accident. How have we coped?

I always say it is "hard" because I can't find a better word to describe it.

Dealing with emotions can sometimes be worse than with physical difficulties because they are so subtle. You can usually see a physical disability but you can't see an emotional "problem".

But I am long past the stage where I forget that Phil has a problem. Every day it is apparent and some days there are new signs of the condition. It never ceases to amaze me how many effects there can be from an injury.

I have just heard from someone who has started to have seizures 20 years after her injury. Please God that does not happen to Phil but there is an increased chance as well as an increased chance of early dementia.

So our future is a little insecure to say the least. So I am going to the support group because I feel the need.............................

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy lunch with Jenny and I hope the support group enfolds you with love.

    I think you have been the strongest woman I have ever met for the past eight years. But you were strong even before the accident. Whatever the future brings, I will always be here, to laugh and cry with you. To take you out of the carer role into the Trish is FabulouS role.

    Can't wait to see you next weekend.

    Love you

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, I hope you get what you need from Jenny and the group session. Remember to look after yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two- always there when I take a little dip xxxx

    ReplyDelete