Saturday 29 August 2009

break before I break

I am having a break now - coming back tomorrow for more
- not sure how many words I have done - probably not enough. Still wondering why I chose Brain Injury as a subject when I could have chosen something more detached??  Do I need to learn more about it well yes I suppose it all helps day to day. have just been downloading pictures of the brain which is scary in itself but seeing the size of the area that has been damaged is even scarier!!! They say that parts can regenerate don't they? how long does it take?  anyone know? how long have we got?? certainly no evidence that is has begun to happen. Phil got phlebitis again and insisting on NOT going to the docs- last time he ended up with a P.E. so watch this space. well time for tea- rissoto sounds good and won't add to the 2lb that I gained in the last couple of weeks-didn't do anything to deserve it honest!!!
back at 10 in the morning- at the latest!! been up since 6am today. guilty conscience?
I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................................................................

4 comments:

  1. You doing great, did you do Brain Injury looking for why?
    Why do some brain injuries recover 100% yet others don't?
    Why do some parts of the brain regenerate and some don't?
    It's a facinating subject if not emotionally involved, but in your position it must be a torture of sorts.

    Hope you had a lay in, tell the Fluter to get to the doc's.

    Love you

    She

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I know why She ! and so do you. anyway a bit of a lie in til 7am not planned but necessary. Fluter still in bed for at least another hour so am sorting paperwork and drawers in the dining room until I start work again
    just realised think I said 10am today!!
    what am I like- will go and have coffee and then get started
    new printer brilliant and so wi fi!!!! hoping to get a table down to put it on away from the main table but will have to do it myself!!!!

    just set up a new mouse on my laptop too - still having problems with the "palm sensor" ralph so safer with a mouse.

    talk later with update of progress .....and yes it is painful She I was a bit edgy last evening with brain injury going round my head if you will pardon the pun..................

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that when we were first given Molls diagnosis, I read that in some cases, the damaged portion of the brain had 'recovered' but I think we still know so little about the brain that we're essentially in the dark about the how, why and when's of the recovery.

    You just feel so helpless and wish you could wave a magic wand and it will be all better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are parts that will recover but not always the ones needed- there is always a compensatory factor like better hearing when the sight has gone, like you say it is so complicated and even the medics don't understand the workings so how can we- we just adapt to the "new normal" and we are more common than we think..............

    ReplyDelete