Tuesday 22 September 2009

Big Blip

Well just when I thought it was going so well- yesterday my car starting making a strange noise. Arrived home after a very busy day and asked Phil to listen to the noise. Of course as always happens he couldn't hear it; I got impatient. We went for a little drive and then he heard it and we think it is brakes grinding!! Had the MOT three weeks ago and wonder why it wasn't picked up but heh to late to complain??
Not too serious in itself but the implications are loads of stress. Firstly Phil needs to take me to work and pick me up as I don't drive his Rav (would be easier if I did so that's my fault).That means him getting up early as in 8am instead of 11am. Secondly he needs to arrange to take it to the garage to get it fixed; only a phone call but that coordination of timings etc takes so much out of him now. Finally wondering how much it will cost; we thought we had a good month without any extras and now we don't. I have to work that one out but Phil does the worrying and fretting; which stresses me. Got several things I need the car for this week so need to rearrange them too in case it doesn't come back quickly.
Got such a busy time in work too so really bad timing; but in the scheme of things minimal compared to some people's worries. Phil used to deal with all this side of things; he had his roles as I had mine. Now they are a bit lobsided and I have to direct him so much more without letting him know I am doing that. Again this is where I need the kids to kick in and help but they are so busy themselves; or I just don't like to ask!!!
Heh ho another day in the life of the Phillipses................................

No comments:

Post a Comment