Saturday 29 May 2010

I made it

Well I made it through this week. What a variety of emotions and moods.
Our AGM was a success; not as well attended as I would hope but still a fun day and no hitches. Just wait to see if any monies come our way over the next year to keep our service going. If Cruse North Wales folds who will look after my clients?? Who has the skills or the knowledge?

The balloon flight has been cancelled again due to the rain. Almost on the point of giving up but watch this space.

Tomorrow is my crop and I am not sure who will be there. Possibly just me. People's lives change and with that the demands on those lives. I have run my crop for 2 and a half years now and sadly it looks as though it may end. A decision to be made........

Phil had a stress day yesterday. I knew it would happen when he stopped taking his tranquillisers but we have been quite lucky so far. I have started asking him to meet me after work on Fridays to go for a coffee. It gets him out of the house and just bridges the gap for me from work to home.

He met me at 3.30 and I could tell he was "hyper". Within five minutes I could feel myself winding up. I had planned to shop for a couple of things but changed my mind and we just went for coffee and cake. I was quiet and waited for him to relax. I was glad by the time we arrived home though. It is as if he feels unsafe outside these four walls sometimes.

It is now 9.30 and he will get up at about noon. It is raining outside so I guess the quietest thing I can do is go into my craft room shut the door and sort my things out ready for tomorrow.

Monday - Julie and I are off to London. Early train and we will take my car and leave it overnight at the station. That way we will not inconvenience anyone if there are any delays. I hope the rain goes off and we can have a lovely girly trip.
I plan to do lots of window shopping. As usual I am not taking as much cash as I had expected to. Car tax; phone bill; all landed on the mat last week.

I remember when I first started working for the Health Service in Liverpool in 1964; we were one of the few employers who paid salaries monthly back then. Payday was such a big deal. We all trouped to the bank in convoy; called at the tobacconist on the way back and bought presents for parents ( both smokers) and then went shopping in our lunch break for a new outfit. Same thing every month; no responsibilities; just our "keep" and travel costs to worry about. I even got luncheon vouchers and it was a well paid job.
Now pay day is just a headache. Square peg and round hole!!!

Thats life ; at least I have a job so thats a bonus. Well off to craft room for a couple of hours until His Lordship arises....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment