Wednesday 26 May 2010

Stage 2 gone stage 3 to come

My GP was absorbed by my "very interesting" scan. I have cysts on my isthmus and nodules on the main part of my thyroid. I have to be referred to a consultant who will probably recommend surgery. So I was right last week when I said I would need to have my throat cut. Many a true word said in jest...
So he has fast tracked the referral and I just have to wait now. All I can think about now is all the dates I DO not want it to be. I have so much planned and would rather not have to rearrange. Julie has already suggested getting a black velvet choker in case I still have a scar for the wedding.
Sheilagh has said I will probably lose weight once I go onto Thyroxine so I was right again to delay my diet.
Now all I need to make the situation quite productive is for my tutor to give me a years extension on my dissertation!!

Hot air balloon attempt again Saturday morning; it is getting quite boring now and if it does not happen then I might just go off the idea altogether.

London on Monday --- now that is something I am really looking forward to. Two whole days with my little girl; she is 40 on 17th June but still my little girl. When we are together though we are more like sisters and that does me so much good I can't put it into words.
Dirty Dancing too - it couldn't be a more perfect celebration could it. Our favourite film in all the world. Just wondering which shoes to wear though. When we went to London in January I couldn't walk properly for about three days after!! So it is comfort not style for me.

Well off to work now to complete the preparations for the AGM tomorrow. If I am not prepared after today then it is too bad. This is my 7th AGM in post and can't remember a bad one........................

2 comments:

  1. Have a FABULOUS time with your gorgeous little girl in London:) Was great talking to you last night, couldn't care less how much it cost, justed needed to know what was going on with you and the doc.

    Looking forward to seeing you on the 6th.

    Love and hugs always

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete