Sunday 23 May 2010

Just a little wind

Well the trees say there is a very light wind; what will the balloonist say? Last time there was no wind here and yet we couldn't go. Julie will be ringing in about an hour to find out if we are up up and away or grounded again.

I spent the night on the couch; no we hadn't had a row; that doesn't happen any more; I had a real sickness episode as soon as I had fallen to sleep and rather than disturb Phil up and down to the bathroom (our bathroom is at the bottom of the stairs) I came down with a blanket and slept quite well.
I still feel a little sickly and reflux is constant again. Still waiting for that checkup following endoscopy.

This blog was started to talk about my life as a carer but lately I have spent more time talking about my own health. I think the fact that I am a carer makes these problems more significant. I need to be ok to care for Phil. He is not capable of caring for me any more. Consequently he is getting stressed at the thought of me not being well which in turn makes it more difficult for me to cope with him..........

I am sure that all carers recognise this. You have to be on top form to cope both physically and emotionally. Our role is to protect and shield our loved ones from harm. Very often we also have to fight for their needs. Maybe my recent fight for Phils improvement has worn me down and resulted in these little health blips??

In the meantime I will wait to see if I can fly high in the sky across the Cheshire countryside for just an hour this evening. Last time was heaven; like floating................................

2 comments:

  1. Sending you prayers and good wishes for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks - will find out this week xx

    ReplyDelete