Wednesday 25 November 2009

Admit defeat

Eventually had doctors appointment. Not been coping at all for at least three months and whilst trying to struggle on have been getting worse. Had expected to be put back on HRT and that was what I asked for but that wasn't an option offered.
So from tonight I am on Prozac. Never ever thought that was something that I would agree to. My darling Mum was on tablets for all of the life I knew with her and I now know it affected me greatly. I have fought against this for so long.

Phil is upset because he is on antidepressants -are they the same as his? why am I having them? is it because of him? why why why he is asking. I got upset and he tried to give me a hug but it was more of a hold than a hug!!

Anyway lets wait and see . After all this is all about life as the wife and carer of a brain injury survivor. Noone said it was going to be easy!!!! Perhaps they will help - think positive thoughts -- OK
Oh I forgot to mention I have started talking to myself too ha ha ..................

4 comments:

  1. Prozac help me live in difficult circumstances, for several years. Modern antidepressants are far better than the ones our mothers took.

    I know you are not happy about taking them, but please give them a try. You need some support right now and I so wish we lived closer so I could give you a hug on a daily basis.

    I love you Trish, you know that and you also know I want the best for you. I wouldn't suggest you do anything that would harm you would I?

    This is not a defeat, it is a set back and it is time to take care of Trish.

    Loving hugs always

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all this and thank you for making me understand- just hard to realise I have got here!!!love you too xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Sheilagh says Trish, they aren't like they once where, far from it. Goodness knows where I'd be now if it weren't for my tablets. It does make me sad to think that I'll probably be on them for ever, but I have an illness - if I had diabetes, I wouldn't think twice about taking the medication.
    I really hope they help you get over this hump. We can't always do it on our own, as hard as we might try.
    Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy I realise that they are to help me but it is just something I never have thought I would need. Not a pride thing or an ego thing just thought I was coping ok!!!!
    Wait til you see me at the next crop I will be all bouncy again- was I ever bouncy?? Yes of course I was and will be again. Loads of love xxx

    ReplyDelete