Monday 22 February 2010

Phil is waking up!!!

I have noticed the difference already for the reduction in Phil's meds. Just one tranquilliser less per day and his eyes look a little brighter ; his speech seems a little clearer and he is smiling a little more. God don't get excited I keep telling myself.
All he needs is to shave his Santa Claus beard off; purchase a new sweater and dump the one he has worn every day for the last 7 years and that will be fantastic progress.
It was commented yesterday how frank I am in my blog about the situation. That is just me- what you see is what you get; always been very open and said what I thought. Been referred to as an open book. As a counsellor this is what I encourage my clients to do; open up and say the words out loud. Listen to how you feel.
Emotions suppressed can cause severe physical reactions and I don't have time for that so I say it out loud. And of course I have the best friends who will listen; whether they like it or not!!!
I still attend therapy every month at the brain unit and use an acceptance and commitment model. Some is easy some is extremely painful but there is no doubt that talking is proved to be one of the best forms of therapy. So there you have it; frank; honest; open ; whatever it is it works for me.

Just for the record too I often read my blog to Phil; have just read this one out loud. I don't say anything in here that I don't say to him face to face. He knows what I am going through; I know what he is going through and we are as honest as we can be with each other.
Our marriage often appears fragile but if I am honest it is probably more solid than most because we have been through everything together and are still just that -together.
I would often like to run away but where to? I would often like my own space but for how long. So on a bad day I don't want to be here; on a good day I love the bones of him. Sounds like most marriages ....................................

3 comments:

  1. That is one FABULOUS post my darling Trish.
    I love it, yes you have always been completey honest and up front about your feelings and it is something I have always admired you for. Great about Phil and the tranquilliser's, who knows where this might lead?

    Love & Hugs

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about the little changes you've spotted. Fingers crossed they will continue (for you both).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said She. dare not get too excited but if I could just get him back for a few hours a week for some "good" times it would change my life yet again. So sad of being sad!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete