Tuesday 23 March 2010

And so the roller coaster continues

I feel as if I am on a fast train. It is not unpleasant but it is exhausting. I think when I stop I will just tumble off and lie for a while.

I have had two fabulous weekends joining She in her birthday celebrations. that was such a joy and I always benefit from her company.

I have had one crop this month with another this Sunday. That is always good therapy for me; good company; good conversation and really productive last Sunday when I finished Gwawr's scrapbook of New York. Hope she likes it today.

Moving on to Pat and Kathy's books this Sunday and promised two more people last night that I would do theirs - one of India so will be able to get my Taj Mahal papers out.

Off for reflexology tonight at Treysgawen with Julie. That is always relaxing and fun- money well spent even though I thought it was so indulgent at the time.

Last night was exciting. I was voted in as Chair of Headway Ynys Mon. I have been working towards relaunching the branch with Frances and Dave's help for about 6 months now and thanks to all the support it happened last night. We are on our way. We had no sooner set up the exec committee than we were making plans and suggesting venues etc.
The best part of the night however was to see Phil back chatting to his friends and giving and receiving so many hugs. This is why I did it all; not because I have the spare time or need but because Phil has the need. He even let me vote him onto the committee without argument.
So puppy dog syndrome returns and I can't help but be optimistic. The support was overwhelming last night.

Work is still really busy but I am taking 10 days off starting this Thursday 3pm. It is Brookes first birthday and we are going to her party and then I am off until the Tuesday after Easter.
I am going to make a strict timetable or I will go back to work having achieved little (always happens).
I have the art therapy course for two days which I am really looking forward to and also need to complete and send off dissertation material so far- time is getting tight on this and I will end up scrambling to finish it. Having said that I do work better under pressure.

My craft room is untidy again after getting new units so that could be a morning thing while I am waiting for Phil to get up . So many plans.......................

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having quite a busy time, productive, and satisfying, but maybe time to take just a teeny time out so you don't wear out?! lol
    It is so not indulgent to have reflexology, or massages, or anything that helps us feel better and relax, I would love to be able to indulge in such things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my Rollercoaster ride is slowing down now and I might be getting some time to read and scrap. Thank you for being part of my celebrations:) You are one VSL and I adore you xxx

    I am entering panic mode re Dr's Scrapbook, it needed to be finished today so the girls could see it... It has a Long Long Way ro Go and I feel sick to myu stomach, thinking I'm not going to get it done before the celebrations on Saturday.

    Really please for Phil re: Headway,hope it gets his MoJo working again, as for you, I hope you are not taking on too much my hunnichild?

    Love you
    Love YOU
    LOVE YOU

    She
    xxx

    PS...Did I mention I love YOU?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you really love me darlin!! Of course you do and as always ditto xxxxxxx

    Donna I usually manage to stop before I fall down. I have to now add snow tubing on Saturday- don't ask - I will let you know what it is.
    Think I just do what I can before I can't.
    And I am fortunate to be able to do it at the moment. The time will come when I will be confined to barracks either because of me or Phil and at least I will have lots to think and talk about- sometimes about how tired I was but never let it stop me saying YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a busy lady - just remember to make time for yourself and chill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap days are chill days with friends Sam xx

    ReplyDelete