Friday 26 November 2010

The Next Chapter

So all these thoughts of retiring need to go out of my head. I have been given a new challenge at work.
I had thought for the last two years that my efforts have been going un-noticed and that others had been getting the praise. Not so. Yesterday I had the full backing of my Committee to take on a new role alongside my existing work.

I am not phased and am already starting to formulate a plan. It will mean more travelling; more time out of the office; more interaction with professional organisations. I used to do all of these things before I started this job so am just going back to what I know.
At the moment this is just until March but if it works out it will be permanent.
If I am honest it has come at the best time as I had started to have itchy feet
( seven years in post)and wondered if I needed a change of direction. This gives me a change whilst staying with the organisation I love.

There is just one small point no increase in salary yet.

That would have made it perfect but I work for a charity and these days we are undervalued so until that changes then the staff are also expected to do their bit for the charity in working for much less than in the corporate world..........

So now I have enough challenges to keep me busy.
My concentration must be on:
1. My dissertation which has to be handed in at the end of the year
2. Organising two days for the new role whilst training someone to cover my office work whilst I am out
3. Trying to balance all this with home and friends
4. Still keep an eye on all the aims that I have and being realistic about them


WISH ME LUCK.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment