Sunday 16 August 2009

A little light

Spent the day at Sam's crop- always guaranteed to chill me out-
finished another mini book and pleased with the results-but the day went too quick and arrived home to "The Quiet Man" again.
Struggling with what to do- selfish and guilty or considerate and resentful. I have a book called the Selfish Pig's guide to Caring- supposed to be a tongue in cheek look at life as a carer but it is so close to the truth.
My stars say that this is the time to make changes but for that you need courage- not something I possess. Just have to hope that fate shows me the way- it usually does.
The rest of the evening looks as if it will be spent in silence now - I complained again - should know better.

5 comments:

  1. I think you're wrong, you MUST have courage to have stayed - the easy way out would have been to leave.
    Still carrying on in the face of things getting worse is surely the most courageous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement but I think I am unsure of the unknown- never lived alone so it may be worse?? What would I complain about ha ha - seriously though I promised to stay and I will but have to decide whether to go with the flow or continue to fight for improvement- emotionally draining at the moment- did go to the jam factory and llynon mill today and it was lovely- just like we used to be. Have to soak it up when it is like that.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello you FABULOUS woman, I cried when I read your "About Me".

    Your Quiet Acceptance has caried you through so much, you are my hero nad I love you very much.

    big hugs

    She

    xxx

    Ps Glad you had a good day today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about my spelling in previous post, the tears are to blame...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiet acceptance is not what I recommend but is the only thing that works for me - the worm has tried to turn but "not sure if it was cramp" didn't succeed.
    I still love the memory of "us" and up until recently hoped that it could happen again but now I am not sure- usually have an idea what to do but now I really haven't a clue.
    I am an accidental carer- by the time he reached the bottom of those stairs although I had no idea what had happened I became his carer- no interview no training - just get on with it. And try and get it right!! Who can tell you what is right? each brain injury is different each survivor is different each carer's situation is different. The common theme is that we have lost the person we loved and have been left with a person who looks exactly the same but who acts completely differently. And gradually we change too................

    ReplyDelete