Wednesday 3 March 2010

Knock knees!!

I am like an old lady. Had the xrays yesterday and had to straighten my knee more than I usually do. My knee is now all puffy and when I was walking today was like a hot poker pulsing in the centre of my knee.
Think it might be hereditary as my uncle had both knees and both hips replaced. He is fine and trotting around at 81 yrs old.
I have quite a tolerance to pain but what does annoy me is the feeling that my leg is going to give at the knee; like a large elastic band that is ready to "ping". And I look really silly hobbling.

To exercise it; to rest it ; to keep it cold ; to warm it up ; to put a support bandage on it ; to rub some deep heat in???
And the results will take 10 days!!

So until then just drive as little as necessary , no stooping (haven't been able to do that for about a year); and keep taking the tablets.

Was told on Monday even if I need a new knee I can't have one until I am 65.........

No comments:

Post a Comment