Tuesday 30 March 2010

Waiting for the rain to go off

It's pouring and I need to go to the bank.
I keep waiting for the rain to go off - hate to get my hair wet; it is my biggest indulgence (along with craft). Vanity can come late in life it seems.

I have been looking back at my own blog and noticed "what to do at 61"
One of the entries is reach 62. That wasn't a joke. My Dad died 7 weeks before his 62nd birthday; my Mum just the same; seven weeks before her 62nd. I think of this now and then; more since my last birthday obviously. So I need to hang on in until at least the end of June!!

No I am not paranoid about it. I really do believe that I will be around to be one of those eighty year olds who wobbles from side to side because of gammy hips!!
It is all written down so if I am wrong then so be it. I have absolutely no fear of death. Don't fancy the dying bit if it is long and drawn out but again that will not be in my hands. Whenever it is that I go I know I will have the most wonderful welcome party "up" there. (With luck that's where I will go - have tried to be good).
I always joke that I hope my Mum and Dad realise that I am vegetarian now so they don't do meat paste "butties". That would be a waste.

Until then though I will continue to muddle through; blogging my life as it happens
enjoying the good and enduring the bad so I just hope you will continue to accompany me on the journey........................It's stopped raining.........

No comments:

Post a Comment