Wednesday 28 April 2010

Penny is going to have a makeover

My lovely Penny Puma is going for a makeover. She has very rusty wheel arches and a scuffed front bumper. I have been asking around for months to find out where she can get help.
Finally I went into our local garage thinking that it is closest to home and we have done a lot of business with them in the past. It would probably be expensive but shopping around could be costly too. The result- they no longer do bodywork but gave me a business card.
So this evening I met Phil at Autospray after work and we got a quote for the work. A make do job which would not last would be £200. A good job which will last (as long as Penny I hope) will be £500.
So she is off for her pamper on Friday and hopefully home on Tuesday. Ken who is doing it showed us a Harley Davidson that he is building from scratch. Beautiful and quite nostalgic seeing that we used to be bikers.
So I really hope that Penny gets what she needs. She has NEVER let me down in the time I have been her Mum!!!
I need her to last at least another 9 years and she has cost me little so far.
Wish her luck...............................

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Penny, I would love a makeover....4

    I look forward to seeing her looking gotgeous next week.

    Hugs

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete