Tuesday 4 January 2011

Disappointed

Back to work today and to the busy schedule that is Cruse.

I am disappointed that I did not complete my dissertation but I could not have worked any harder at it. I am a perfectionist. I counted up more than 30,000 words and I need around 22,000.
So a couple more sessions should get me there. I have to edit and then construct in the right order and get the page numbers right. Looking at what I have achieved this book may be a bit thick if I include all the appendices.
My tutor will have the last word I am sure.

I can't even begin to think how many hours have gone into this piece of work. Hundreds for sure. So I have a bit more to do and I have to let the tutor know that I am not quite there.

So today I turn my attention to work and where to get monies from to continue offering our services. I am working with a very blank canvas because this is not what I am trained for. My colleague just walked out in October taking all her records with her. I have to start from scratch and build up a new network of funders.
Wish me luck........................

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good week. Both the Dissertation and the funding seem huge mountains for you to climb, but I know you'll do it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam - yes two mountains that are blocking my view at the moment. I know I will do it too but its hard.
    Its always the last bit that proves the hardest. Hey ho head down and get on with it.
    Hope 2011 has started well for you. See you soon; not promising WI but if I finish early enough I will do my best. Really want to be involved but just hate the journey in the dark.
    xx

    ReplyDelete