Friday 7 January 2011

Friday...............

This week has been tough and although it has been a short week in terms of days in work it has seemed endless.
Priorities is my main word this year but when you have got at least a dozen urgent tasks on your desk how can you prioritise?

The fact that I am training 2 new volunteers whilst trying to learn a new additional role myself is proving to be a problem. No chance of concentrating on anything when the questions are coming thick and fast. I am very fond of my volunteers but I have to be honest and say I also love Fridays when I am in the office alone.

I know this will be for a short time only and they will settle into their particular projects so I am being patient and focussed. They are my priority just now and Fridays will be playing catch up.

Strange that I have never been ambitious and now here I am with such a massive area of responsibilty.

Would I have it any other way? Of course not I love it but every now and again it is good to voice your concerns.................

5 comments:

  1. TGIF!!! I hope your day today is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a star and I know you'll tackle your challengse and succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the confidence Sam. Today was ok Karen except I had planned to finish at 3 and walked out at 4.45! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know those days. I had a tough week back -- 5 days in a row was hard to do -- and I definitely am enjoying a less hectic day today. Sending hugs and prayers for these difficult days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Buttercup. Being overwhelmed with work is not listed on my job spec and I am not sure that I should accept it. However it has to be done.
    I am hoping to glide into a better routine once my "helper" gets the gist of what I need her to do. It would be unfair of me to pressurise her just because I am feeling pressured. Not terribly productive either.
    So baby steps just now and then giant leaps to come hopefully................

    ReplyDelete