Friday 18 September 2009

Never ceases to amaze me!!

Well I have had a surprise today which warms my heart and gets my puppy dog tail wagging.
Today it is 42years since Phil and I met- on a blind date. I often joke that I should have gone with my eyes open!!
I apologised to him last night that I hadn't bought him a card- I usually do, but I have been so busy lately. We tend to celebrate this day as much as our wedding day. He acted as if he didn't know the date, and maybe he didn't- but this morning I came down to a beautiful anniversary card. Now did he sneak out to the shops last night- (I didn't miss him for any part of the evening and it would have taken at least ten minutes there and back) or did he actually remember? I am going to choose to think the second option is the right one and that he is thinking about us more than I give him credit for . Naive? Yes but it will brighten my day..................BTW I just made him a card which says True love never grows old.......it just matures along the way.............and yes I know this will mean another bottle of wine tonight to celebrate....................but just for a while I am a happy bunny whose husband loves her........................

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both xxx
    Yes I would go for the second option too. He couldn't have gone out for that length of time without you noticing:)

    Have a lovely evening, that light is still burning, even though it dim's now and again, it will always be there.

    love you xxx
    She

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he actually went all the way to Amlwch yesterday to get the card so I am even more impressed- he remembered before I did - thats something new. That will keep me sweet for several days....................

    ReplyDelete