Wednesday 14 October 2009

So stressful

Some weeks just don't start out right!! After a lovely weekend away with Elaine Monday came too soon. I never dread going back into work though because I love my job thank goodness. It is the rest of life which causes me grief (pardon the pun with me working for Cruse).

Monday I expected to collect my baby Vaio and she was riddled with viruses!! How come?? So Tuesday I got her back allegedly 100% cured but then struggled to restore all my settings. Thought I had lost my blog; pop ups kept asking me if I wanted to update this and that. Tried not to swear but failed. Tried to pay a bill online and failed. Made the payment over the phone successfully. Again how come??

Then.................. 7pm last night got a call from Natwest Fraud Squad!!!!!!!!!! What had I done?? Automated service asked me to verify all my details securely. Problem was it would not believe my year of date and kept asking me to verify. I gave up!! 7am this morning got a text to say a fraudulent transaction had taken place on my account and to ring .........yes the same number as last night to the automated service. Once again did not want my year of birth to be 1948!!! Eventually found a number to ring around 7.30am to be told that they had frozen my account pending investigation ( I was planning to fill the car up before work as I have a few trips this week).

After quite thorough interrogation I was able to convince them that I am me and that I do know what year I was born. Pity they have it recorded wrong.
Good start to the day; filled the car up whilst on my knees praying that the card would be accepted. It was. I still have to go through questioning when I go to my local branch to query why they have suddenly changed my date of birth.. It will have to wait until Friday.

Phil has an appointment with Rudi from the brain unit tomorrow; might get further news of the planned MRI scan. I can't go with him this time as I am going on a course to perfect my EXCEL skills. In theory!!!
Going to see Jane from Uni afterwards - we haven't met for months.

Sleeping a bit better this week; think because it is so dark in the mornings; managing until about 6.30 most days. I don't like this time of year. I feel scruffy; my skin looks grey; I feel fat (I have put some weight back on) and I hate wearing coats and boots. Hope the winter is mild and short this year.

Cruse course on Saturday and then Sams crop Sunday. Really looking forward to that to relax. Got a project to finish for Tracey and Dave then Jo has asked me to do another book for Poppy similar to the one I did for her Dad. I am pleased she liked it - gives me such a buzz.

Hoping "She" is going to be there Sunday; need to give her a big hug of encouragement. She is having a tiny blip but I know it won't last; she has so many supporters to lift her.

Football on right now so taking advantage to blog to excess as I have been away for a while due to a technical fault!!!!

Well I hope the rest of the week is less stressful although this time tomorrow I may be EXCELLED out!!! Forgive me if I speak in code .......................................................................

2 comments:

  1. She will be there!!
    She needs a hug from BezzyMate!!!

    What nightmare with the Fraud Squad and all that, did they say it was a transaction online?
    Did you laptop go to a reputable firm? Bit of a coincidence it going away and then you have these problems.

    As for your date of birth, they probbly thought you sounded to young to have been born in 1948;)

    Roll on Sunday, than you for your lovely comment on my blog, you are my rock xxx

    Love you loads x 1000000 and more..

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete