Friday 31 December 2010

New Year's Eve

It is my least favourite day of the year.

Historically I have either stayed in alone or spent the evening in the company of alcohol infused folks.

Tonight I will be at home with Phil. I imagine the kids will all text at midnight as usual. I prefer to be in bed before midnight but stay up to respond to the texts.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of another challenging year. I have so many hopes and dreams which God willing will make it a good year. I try to be an optimist; I always was but still have that little niggle that I can't relax too much.

I have so much to begin the year with. My family has grown to ten all healthy and most happy. I have friends who I love and trust. I have a job which is reasonably well paid (for Wales standards) and which I enjoy. I have a home which needs attention but is warm and safe.

My concerns for Phil keep growing but that is the nature of brain injury. On a short trip out yesterday there were so many stressful moments too many to list. I sometimes feel guilty that we don't go out like we used to but when we do it is difficult in so many ways. If I can get it into my head that his condition will not improve and to stop dreaming ........................

Happy New Year to everyone and I wish you all everything you wish for yourselves for 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Trish, wishes for health, happiness and dreams come true in the new year!

    ReplyDelete