Monday 27 December 2010

Tough love

This is the calmest Christmas ever. Phil behaved himself throughout..........That's a first. He was in good form at Garys too.

Maybe my tough love worked. I was upset with him following the wedding and normally I would have given in after a few days and gone back to "normal". This time I didn't.

He has enjoyed Christmas with the kids and actually had fun himself.
Is this a breakthrough? - well puppy dog syndrome is looming but I will know for sure after New Years eve.

All I can say is that I have had a very nice Christmas.

If this man would only realise how much everyone loves him when he is NOT drinking...........................................

2 comments:

  1. Oh if only the light shone through and he finally realised drinking is a lonely pasttime, family is far from lonely and the effects last longer than booze.

    Love you, love him, when he is good he is good. It's when he is bad I want to slap him.

    I hope this continues well into the New Year and beyond....Now get on with that dissertation!!!

    Hugs
    Loves
    Kisses
    and more


    She
    xxx

    PS Great news about Elaine and Jim:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a happy Christmas! Here's to a year of many, many good days. Take good care. It's warming up here and have made the trek to work safely and pretty easily for the last two days. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete