Sunday 10 January 2010

Disappointed

I am so disappointed in myself.

I was so sure that I was feeling good and strong and positive and yet today I am back down there wondering if I will cope.
I am trying to do small tasks indoors to get the house back to almost clean and Phil is making it so difficult for me to achieve it.

I needed to change the bedding- don't ask the last time it was changed I really don't know!!!
I stripped the bed after Phil got up at 12.10 today and whilst he was having breakfast so he was out of the way.

We have a slatted bed base so I could see millions of white dog hairs under the bed.
I hoovered the mattress and leaned it against the wall; asked Phil to take the powerful pet vacuum upstairs so I could get the hairs up; he took it up hoovered around the bed and then went to replace the mattress!! Did he not see the hairs or did he just think they could stay there for another three months or so???
I flipped slightly and took the hoover off him to do it myself. He pulled the cord out for me and caught his finger; blood everywhere!!!
I strapped his finger up and then continued to clean up but by that time the atmosphere was awful. AGAIN.

I am now on that couch again. He is out walking the dog; My stomach is churning because there will be silence for the rest of today too.

So what is the reason for all this? Am I not strong enough to let his moods bounce off me? I have never had the ability to get him out of a bad mood in 40 years of marriage so why should I be able to now??

I just hoped that I could do it but I really am not sure today ........................

3 comments:

  1. What did you hope you could do? Cope?
    My Darling Trish you have been coping for so long, it is no wonder you are so tired and worn down. We need to talk my girl.xxx

    Love you

    She

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I just woken up to the situation? Have I been kidding myself for 7 yrs?
    I was married to a houseproud perfectionist and now I am married to a sloth.
    Perhaps I have been living with hope and you know I have defended him for so long but I am tired now and have lost every ounce of patience. Scary but true. Don't know how it is going to turn out but as Julie keeps telling me none of this is my fault so why should I feel bad?? Love you loads too xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete