Wednesday 13 January 2010

Support for the supporter

I have had a couple of good days at work and feel my mood rising. I attend a social group for bereaved people twice a month in my capacity as Cruse Administrator. These are people who I spoke to on the phone soon after they lost their loved one. I coordinated their support then and now I see them at the social group engaging in life again and it is wonderful.
I had been asked why I need to attend these groups as part of my role and today one of "my ladies" told me just why I should go. They like me to be there she said; I am part of their recovery story. How humbling.
I will fight for the right to continue attending these groups one of which I started up myself; the other I have supported for 9 years.
We have a laugh and talk about everything under the sun; today was bankers and call centres. They share their fears and concerns; their successes and their advice. I am an honoured observer who is made so welcome.
Today was a good day...........................
Moodmeter - FULFILLED

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Now thats what I like to see, My BezzyMate getting the recognition she deserves! You do what you do, not because it is your job and you get paid for it. You do far more and give much more of yourself than you have too. Thats why I love you and you are the woman you are.

    Roll on Sunday, the weather better behave by then...

    Hugs and more

    She
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darlin it is lovely to be told what your presence means to people and these were strangers not long ago.
    Sunday looks a bit wet but I think the snow is melting?? Here's hoping xxxx love you xxxx

    ReplyDelete