Saturday 23 January 2010

I don't like pay days

It is so nice to know that salaries are going in the bank at last. January seems a long month. The problem is I then have to start the monthly juggle!!
I have budgeted all my life and enjoyed doing it; sometimes I didn't need to but did it anyway ; sometimes it was necessary.
Right now it seems that everything is against the man on the street. I wish that my personal inflation level was as low as the one the government boasts. Where do they get that from? Fuel food bank costs -all have risen in the last year.
I do a lot of mileage with my job and although I get some of the costs back it only just covers it. Also I have to pay up front before I can reclaim. This month I have to wait longer for my claim due to a new system in work. So my budget has to be rebudgeted.
For a few days after pay day I am doing maths in my sleep!! Old habits die hard.
It doesn't help that I still think I can have the lifestyle that I always had when Phil was at work. That golden goose stopped delivering the eggs.

Anyway free day today to work on my budget; reorganise my dissertation after the ethics committee censured some of the plan!!! after 26 months!!!!! Going out for a drive with Phil to make sure Rav works ok before it goes for MOT next week and last but not least my craft room needs its new addition slotting in.
I have a big idea for reorganising it but unless I can get a man to help me it will have to stay as it is. Can't risk asking Phil again after last time. I would like to take out the wardrobe and move everything against the walls so I have more walking around space instead of squeezing on tip toes. I am sure you can picture that!!
Wonder if Ste is off work?? (my son in law) bless him.............................

Tomorrow is out to Rhiwafallen with Julie and Angie for lunch oooooohhhhh delicious. Diet from Monday Gym from Tuesday. Oh and before I forget today the moodmeter says JUST OK but that is better than NOT OK ...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment